Monday, November 1, 2010

Biopsy done, cakewalk! I feel bad for Jill and Paulie...sitting with my drugged up self all day answering the same questions over and over and over again every time I would wake up. hahaha. Drove them nutty. And Gussy made it through his surgery without any complications. Went to visit him on my way home, poor little guy, he just laid there with his head in my lap and fell asleep while I loved on him. What a sight I'm sure...both of us were wobbly with drugged, droopy eyes. lol. But it did my heart good to hold him. Jess went to visit him tonight and I know it was just what she needed too. She was even joking about calling him tripod now. It looks so weird, he doesn't have a stump or anything, there is no leg or hip whatsoever. It is so sad, he had the cutest little sway when he walked. But, he is alive and won't have arthritis and chronic pain, and the vet assured us he will be able to run and play just as he did before. So, I am thankful to God. I really don't think I could've handled losing another dog right now. (We put my baby Maggie down Nov last year, she was my sweet baby girl for 9 years & it was very traumatic). I am beat, going to sleep now...my doodlebug (levi) is asleep on the couch next to me...he is so incredibly beautiful and he has been so very sweet the past few days...makes me happy inside :) Nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. hey girl!!!! want to see you... been working everyday at new job, but not on weekends. hopefully go to nights in couple of weeks, then be down to 3 and 4 days a week. im so excited to see all the options available to you :)
    love and miss you
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,

    Not sure if you remember me or not from high school. But, I happened upon your blog about a month ago. I read all of your posts, and I am in utter and absolute amazement at your strength! After all that you have been through- you remain so upbeat and positive. Most people in your shoes would be feeling sorry for themselves, but not you! You are going to kick cancer's ass! lol I know you still have a rough road ahead, but hang in there girl. I will keep you in my prayers, and I am looking forward to your updates!

    Amy(Ritchie)Nangle

    ReplyDelete