Thursday, August 26, 2010

OK, so I don't know why I was being such a negative Nancy on my last post. Yes, chemo sucks, but it is what it is and I need to focus on positive things. So here are some happy pics. My BFF Laura came to visit, and brought her man, Greag, AKA Tarzan. BAHAHAHA! We had so much fun. We played Bocci ball, and Greag was all like, "bring it, are you ready to lose?"....well, he wasn't so good. Laura, who noone wanted on their team, kicked all of our butts. She even threw the dang ball through a tire swing and made pointts. You suck Laura, but I still love you. Then my friends Angie & her boys, Devin & Kurt, stopped by, and Sarah & Eric. The guys played FB in the dark with tiki torches & car lights to light up the field. Then we had a bonfire and Greag kept telling us great jokes...not. heeheehee. It was a GREAT night. I haven't had that much fun since I don't remember when.
Tuesday I took Levi & Devin fishing. We caught sucker fish mostly, but Devin did get a rock bass. And Levi caught TWO fish on the same line on 1 cast...it was crazy. I've never seen that before. He was so excited. I love that kid's laugh! I was having a blast until the boys told me there were leaches in the water, as I was standing in it with my feet sunk in the sludge. I flew outa there so fast....they thought it was hilarious. Brats! hahaha. Well, got to go...another dr. appt. wohoo, big day out. lol. Will post later, and I promise not to be such a downer! Have a great day.











































2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetheart.
    I've been a booger blogger. I am at a loss with words in response to your boogie woogie blogging. You are anything but a negative Nancy, more like gracious, stylish and beautiful. Words may have escaped me but thoughts and prayers have not. You are deep in my heart and officially/unofficially my soul sister. I mean look how easy it fits, David, Dougie, Donnie and Damon. You may not be able to say it 3x's fast but the pattern is undeniably there.

    Here are a couple borrowed thoughts since I've been tongue tied. Don't know who to give the credit to this first one but it's a good un'

    "HAPPY THOUGHTS ARE THE PATH TO HAPPINESS. WE ARE ANGELS WITH ONE WING AND WE CAN ONLY FLY HOLDING HANDS."

    Another one refamiliarized to me thanks to my girls Hallie and Julia.

    MY FAVORITE THINGS
    Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    These are a few of my favorite things

    Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
    These are a few of my favorite things

    Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver white winters that melt into springs
    These are a few of my favorite things

    When the dog bites
    When the bee stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember my favorite things

    ~SOUND of MUSIC lyrics

    Much love and happiness to you and your family.
    Damon

    ReplyDelete
  2. janet... i so enjoyed our time together today, and your sister is a peach. tomorrow you will kick cancer's butt!!!! i thank GOD everyday that i have the privilage and blessing of YOU in my life!!!! I love you!
    tammy

    ReplyDelete