Thursday, January 26, 2012

Medical update:

Cancer Treatment Center of America was a bust! Well, not totally... they were very nice and treated me in a way I hadn't yet experienced with regard to healthcare. It was a very happy, positive place to be. But, like everywhere else, they didn't really have anything else to offer me because thymic cancer is so rare and pretty much noone knows what to do. Turns out I am not a candidate for theraspheres or radiation to my liver because there are too many tumors. So... plan B!!! Tomorrow (fri) I am starting another chemo. Going back to the 1st round of chemo I ever had. Which I'm stoked about actually. It is the only treatment I got that put me into remission... and it has been long enough between treatments that I can do it again. Downslide is that it is 3 chemos that are kick ass- as in kick my ass! lol. So I am just praying with all my heart that it does what it did the first time, therefore worth going through. Oh, and I will be bald again :( I am so, so sad about that- but it is what it is, so I just have to chin up, bandana on, and take it one day at a time!!! I will get it every 3 weeks if my body/blood counts can take it... so here goes! Once again, LET'S ROLL!!!

p.s. All my thanks to God for this option :) I pray I will feel it burning the crap out of my liver and destroy whats trying to destroy me. May God work through my doctor, nurses, and medicine to heal my body. amen.

11 comments:

  1. head up heart strong. i love u janet adducchio!!!!! kris becker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a miracle already in the inspiration you give to others through your strength...may God heal you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Janet! You got this, girl! xoxo- Becky Marcum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omgosh...becky!!! made me smile 2 hear from you :)hope you are good baby! janet

      Delete
  4. Janet, you are and always have been a strong woman! Sorry the treatment center didn't work but like you you said onto plan b. You are an inspiration to so many! God bless you!
    Angela Mowbray Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the Faith...Heavenly Father, please give Janet and her family strength thru these difficult times and let them know you're there! Wrap Your arms around them in Your Love. In Jesus Name we Pray, Amen!! Love You, Mary Allen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heavenly Father, Forgive me for my sins and hear my prayer. I pray that you Lord, will fill Janet with the Holy Spirit that will heal her body because her soul is golden, Lord. Her soul is what you teach us to be. Like you Father. Therefore, I pray that you will fill her with strength, peace, serenity to endure. You'll never give us anymore than we can endure. Wrap your arms around her and her family for as long as it takes, Father, comfort them, keep them protected and keep them close to you, so that Janet can continue to be an inspiration and witness to others of your grace, humility, strength, peace and most of all unconditional love. In your precious son Jesus's name. Amen.

    Janet - you don't even know how many people are thinking of you...every day. How many you've touched. I for one can say I'm a better person for knowing of you. May God Bless you and keep you in His graces,
    Love ~ Jim Barnes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making me cry Jim!!! (happy tears) That is the most beautiful prayer and I thank you because this road is most difficult and it helps my soul to know so so so many people care so much for me. I am not alone and I thank God for that! I am truly blessed :) janet

      Delete
  7. Janet- you do not know me. I am Kira Cron's mom,Tammy. Levi and Kira are in the same class. Everyday I go past your house. I ALWAYS say a prayer for you and your family!! I sometimes go by several times a day. You are an inspiration to me and many others!! I pray that God will heal you and use you for His work to get His word out to people. I have been following your blog and what a fighter you are!! I really love what Jim Barnes wrote!!! I will continue to pray for you!!! Tammy Cron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Father, for this beautiful soul who touches everyone she meets. Please, find favor, mercy and healing on her body. I pray that your healing power will touch her from head to toe, that she will have renewed strength, that she will be made whole in body, AND in spirit, that she will be free of any pain. I pray that your healing power overcomes every cancer cell in her body and makes every cell well. Please, Father, eliminate this disease from her and make her well, so that she may continue to be a testimony to YOU & your REAL healing power. I believe that you ARE real, that you DO heal, and that you ARE Janet's protector from the enemy. And I know that Janet is one person who BELIEVES, and shares her faith and her struggles openly. Please bless her, & heal her of all her disease(s) in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." -I saw this today and immediately thought of you! You have definitely touched my soul and remind me each and every day what true faith is all about...you are a beautiful person Janet!

    -Allie Peterson

    ReplyDelete