Saturday, December 11, 2010














So, top picture is my lil bean! Isn't it precious? Our little grandbaby!!! Woop! Woop! It actually looks like a little monkey. When we were gettting the ultrasound I said, "Jess, look... it has little alligator arms and its waving at grammie!" As I did my own imitation. I don't think she thought it was as funny as I did. heehee. And I keep trying to kiss it goodnight and talk to it, she says I am a freak and to leave her belly alone. I love it so much! Btw, Amy, I got the date wrong, she's due June 25th, so looks like we are on a race! I think it is awesome we are going to be grannies at the same time! Will be fun to be going through the same journey together. OK, so the next 3 pictures are hilarious. Let me preface this by telling you that I am a Christmas psycho! It's my favorite holiday (and Easter) for obvious reasons... thank you God for sweet baby Jesus! Well, at our old house we had 10 or 12 ft ceilings, and I ALWAYS got the biggest, fattest tree that would make our huge rooms look small! I had always dreamed of having a live tree since I was little, so, as many of you know... I don't do anything small... I tend to be a little extreme with decorations, parties, etc. I always go way overboard. So, now at this house we have 8 ft ceilings, and the past 2 years have not felt like Christmas with my Charlie Brown trees. I was on a mission this yr. I am not going to let a house structure steal my joy for large trees! I had finally convinced myself that short was ok. I can no longer have an 11 ft tree. I said to myself, " Self, you are just going to have to make up for height with width!" Yay, I figured it out! But as I shopped, all the 7-8 ft trees were so horribly skinny and pathetic. Then, I saw it, there she was! Fate brought us together, it was love at first sight. The only 12 ft tree they had! It was magnificent! And there was so much stump on the bottom. Paul could just take his chain saw there to trim it down. PERFECT! Btw, Paul is actually Scrooge! hahaha. I drive him CRAZY with my Christmas shennanigans and singing and excitement. I tend to be a little obnoxious about it all. He just takes a deep breath and says, yes dear with my ridiculous requests, or just rolls his eyes at me. But, this year he promised to help with decorating and to be filled with joy about it. (I love the cancer card, heehee) So, I made the purchase and he went to pick it up. 1st pic is Zack, who is 6'4" holding my beloved tree. 2nd pic, Paulie starts widdling away and this is the first attempt to get it in the house. First of many as Paul quickly lost his "joy". HAHAHA. I believe that this pic is when the 1st hole was made through the ceiling. But, we finally got it in and decorated after 2 holes were made through the ceiling (quick fix-lol) and we ended up having to cut both the top and bottom off. So I fixed the top with my bush trimmers in order to reshape it back to the original tree shape. There were so many pine branches in our living room, Paul said it looked like a forest in there. But we did it, and I'll bet you that I have the FATTEST tree any of you have ever seen! It is 6 feet fat! YAY!
The bottom picture is on OSU/MICH game day. I spent it with my sissy and brothers and the rest of my family, except Don, he had to work :( Left to right.... Jillie, David, me, and Doug. We had so much fun. Okie dokie, got to go. I am dying my silver hair 2day! I finally have enough, I think, without staining my scalp. We will find out! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment