Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I haven't posted for a long time... January was really rough. I had a case of eye shingles that was horrible. And by horrible, I mean the worst thing I have been through... EVER! And I've meant to write for the last week because I have been feeling so good, but I have had so much to do after being in a narcotic coma for a month... so yesterday I was really excited to blog after my doctor appt. But, that didn't go as expected. There I was.... feeling the best I have in the past 9 months, dressed up, hair done, makeup on. Happy from our weekend at a cabin with Tim and Anne, excited to get my PET scan results and start chemo next week. Knowing they got all of the liver tumors out and this was just to kill off any floaters. Wellll, wrong-o! We learned yesterday that my cancer is back, and not just a little. It's bad, real bad. Dr. M started with the new tumor on my liver, and in my head I was thinking, ok...makes sense because I haven't had any chemo for 5 months, let's go!!! And then he continued to list more and more new tumors & body parts. It was very surreal. Very numb, in utter disbelief. Because I feel fantastic! I have been telling my family, it's like I just woke up from a bad nightmare and I feel like me again! It feels like I never had cancer. So, I now have 1 in my liver, a questionable mass in my right abdominal wall muscle, 2 in my right lung base, 1 in my left lung base, 5 in my left pleural space, something in my diaphragm (might just be inflammation), and in the right side of my skull base (very close to brain stem) theres "something". I am having an MRI of my head today to see what that "something" involves. Maybe I am desperately reaching, but I am praying that it just has something to do with the shingles. Because brain stem controls heart rate, breathing,. etc. If it's that fucking cancer this is not good. Not good at all. Seriously????? How can this be? I mean, I know this is a hiddeous cancer & I'm not dumb, I knew it would come back eventually. But so soon? And EVERYWHERE??? Wow, this really sucks. I was not, am not prepared for this. I am trying super hard to look at the good side... they are all really small, just new little sprouts. And THANK GOD they were able to do tests on those tumors and found 6 chemo drugs that kill my cancer. So that is all good stuff to focus on... except I can't focus. I have an ache in the pit of my stomach. Feel like I could throw up. Before, I had hope for cure, hope for alot of time. I feel so sad right now. All I can think about are my children, Paul, my grandson (It's a boy!) THIS SUCKS!!!! There is an ache in my soul. I have such a heavy heart. Oh, and any locals reading this... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this on the down low, I absolutley DO NOT want Levi to know any of this. That is really the only thing that matters to me right now!!! He's been really happy lately, and he doesn't need to know it has spread all over. Wanna wait to see how I respond to chemo. I will tell him it's really bad if & when he needs to know it's getting really bad. This is a small town, so I'm begging you to shhh! Please don't tell your kids!Please just give me that. God give me strength, His footprints are def in the sand right now.

14 comments:

  1. I love you!! Praying for you today :) xoxoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark 6:56
    Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep having faith Janet.. I'm positive its a dark day when you have to hear those words but half the battle is keeping faith! It is possible for you to be cured, I know it! Thinking about you guys and praying! Lots of love to you all. -LComer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet....I am at a loss here. Thank you for keeping us posted..I don't know how you found the strength. When I saw you at Christmas time (in Marshall's) you looked beautiful and so full of life... and happy...I have been praying for you and will continue to pray. No matter what, keep the faith...HE will take care of you and those that you love. Give your stresses to HIM and he will answer. May you live each moment in the sun...GOOD BLESS YOU!! LIVESTRONG!!

    Jessica Starr Salerno

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh janet : ( lots of prayers and love coming your way -kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet I dont have anything that can take the pain of this news away. You have so many people that love you and are praying for you everyday. You are an inspiration to so many. I am so sorry to hear this however I know you are a strong woman and you will get through anything you put your mind to. Keep that beuatiful smile shining.
    Angela Mowbray Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet - There really are no words. But just know you are loved more than you realize. And so many people are praying for you and Paul and the kids. I'm holding on to those footprints in the sand...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet...if you live 100 years, I want to live 100 years minus 1 day, cause I don't want to live 1 day without you! You f@"!#n fight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet - We've never met, but I feel like I know you. Jenni talks about you all the time, and I've been praying for you and your family for so long. Especially now. I just wanted you to know that you have a cheering section here in WA. We will continue to pray and I know Jenni will keep us updated.
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carpe diem! Latin for . Seize the day; enjoy the present.

    I'm Jill's friend Lori, and I have been praying for you ever since the day Jill asked. I will continue to do so, because you are the strongest girl I've never met! :)

    PRAY~HOPE~BELIEVE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sis, you are part of my soul & when you ache, I ache. We will get through every step of this together. No matter what you face, it will be with me right by your side. If you need space, I'll creep on you through your window :) You know I will be focusing on rainbows and butterflies when you are not able. You are my twin and I feel honored to hold your hand and to never ever give up. I love you to the moon and back....and more. xoxox Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. my dearest janet ~

    i have no words to take away your fear. your pain. i was told today that "God makes examples out of leaders" and i believe you are a leader among men and women of all faiths. i love you with everything that i am! i pray every day for your strength - for your faith to stay strong. LIVE WITH GOD JANET!!!! trust in HIM for everything! all my love always!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet,

    I am so incredibly sorry to hear that cancer is roaring its ugly head at you again. You have been through so much already, and lived to tell about it. I hope you give this thing the fight of your life, and kick its ass once and for all. I am so honored to have happened upon your blog. You are so strong and courageous! Just focus on getting well for your kids, and grandson. (BTW- we just found out last week that we will be having a granson also!) Yeah to us both! Good luck with the tests and chemo. I have my fingers crossed, and am thinking about you every day!!

    Amy(Ritchie)Nangle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited to be coming and seeing you on Thursday!! I've missed you and your pretty little face and your not so lovely sounds that have come out of (well we just wont go there haha) I've been praying for you everyday that I lay my head down to sleep. When I spend time with my kids, I think of you and how you live your life to the fullest. You have made me want to be a better person, a better wife, a better mother......I love you for that Janet! Your story, these chapters in your life, have made a difference to so many people and I'm proud to be one of them. Thank you for being the beautiful person you are, having the best outlook on life, and knowing what to really pay attention to in life, like the laughter of your children together, even all grown up. I will forever be better because I have simply known you :) Thank you so much Janet!! You have a God-given strength that Satan cannot take away. He is carrying you, but soon you'll be back on your own 2 feet in no time!~ I believe in you girl!! Love you!!! MUUUUUAAAAHHHHHH xoxoxoxo

    Allison*

    P.S. Bless you for the sneeze that you manage to squeeze from your ass! hahahahahahahaha ...I'm hoping your cracking up right now ;)

    ReplyDelete