Monday, February 28, 2011

I Remember you Today

One year ago today
we had to let you go...
say goodbye, tears in our eyes...
life without you we didn't want to know.

But I remember you today
with a joyful song inside my heart,
for I know it's only a little while
that we will be apart.

My beautiful sister, Terry,
I know you didn't die...
you've just moved on without us
and are waiting in the sky.

You've come to me in dreams,
and allowed for me to see
that where we go is amazing,
abounding with love and peace.

All the things about you
that we love and miss so much...
your big, brown eyes and laughter,
your ever gentle touch...

All these things live on
so deep inside my soul,
I take your spirit with me
everywhere I go.

So I remember you today-
as you live on as part of me.
I miss your hands, your touch,
miss you so much...
but I'm happy that you're free.

I will look for you in the stars,
in rainbows and butterflies,
at the edge of rolling waters,
in God's beauty in my life.

I will look for you in an embrace,
or when someone holds my hand,
in a gentle kiss upon my cheek,
in the laughter of my man.

Stronger than the pain
of having to set you free-
is the love you showed,
the way you glowed,
life's lessons you have taught me!

And soon enough, sweet soul-
I will hold you once again...
so dance and run and sing and play
until we meet in the promised land.

So I remember you today,
as every day I will...
with utter joy and thankfulness
for the life in us you filled!

I love and miss you Terry!!!







2 comments: