Monday, September 27, 2010

CHEMO DAY! Last one! I have pushed it out of my mind until this morning, I think this one will be good. I got so sick with the last one, so today Dr. M is only giving me 3 chemos! YAY!!!!! The other one can damage the nerves in your GI tract, so no more of that one after how it affected me last time. I am kinda relieved, but it is wierd because I also kinda feel like I need that other one too. But I was at the smallest dose so they cant reduce it. Enough on that! I would start a new paragraph here, but this dumb site won't let me and I haven't been able to figure out how to change the format...I have tried many times, GRRRR! So, I haven't posted for a long time, couple reasons...I was pretty sad for about quite awhile, then I "lost" my other purse that contained my SD card adapter. I have been losing things way worse than normal. I am just like 10 second Tom from the movie 50 first dates, it is horrible & I am driving everyone nuts! So, I hate to admit it, but I was pretty low. I wouldn't say depressed, just sad. I was thinking alot about the future and the probability that this is what I will die from. So I spent 2 days straight on the couch literally crying whenever my eyes were open. Grieving, I guess. DO NOT get me wrong, I am not giving up...I have great hope and faith in miracles and I want desperately to be the one they say is defying all odds! BUT, I am not completely in denial, I know way too much about thymic cancer. I felt like diagnosis day all over again. I have done a really good job NOT thinking about the future. Then BOOM..it hit me hard. I ran into a brick wall. I TOTALLY trust God so incredibly much...with all of my heart and soul. I know He has a plan for each of us, and I trust Him with my children, my hubby, my sissy. But IF that plan involves me leaving, that just makes me sad beyond words. My soul aches at the thought. I guess when you have "terminal" cancer sometimes you can't help but think of these things. I want so much to live. It is hard when you feel so passionately about life & love and have such joy for it...to feel so full of life. And to know your body is failing you...its strange, doesn't match. So anyway, I got stuck for awhile thinking about everyone living with me gone. I am not going into details because I have to keep my spirit up today and I will fall apart if I think about it anymore. Then my birthday came...38! YAY!!! Was so happy to be here and have another birthday, then I started thinking about how many more I would have. I have just been in a funk, which is ok, good actually. I cannot deny those thoughts and feelings, I think its pretty normal for what I am going through. I just have to pull myself up and out of it, which I did, of course with alot of love from friends and family. And my gosh, what a huge list of people and great acts of love I recieved over the past week. It was absolutely overwhelming, how loved I feel. I am so blessed. My girls from my OB job came to visit me, and I feel awful because I was still pretty sad when they came, didn't feel like I was being me. But it was great to see them and their 2 beautiful baby boys! Amber, Amy, Sandy, and Emily...I love you so much & I miss so bad all the fun we used to have. And oh my gosh, they brought me a beautiful quilt they made with messages on each square from all my old working buddies. THANK YOU! I know how much work a quilt is and I love it! And Kris, thank you for my gifts! She got me a sweatshirt that is pink and says "fight like a girl" and all the girls signed it, it has a little boxing glove on it...hey, it is finally cold enough, now I can wear it today for chemo! LOVE it! Let's see, I have 4 beautiful fresh flower arrangements in my house right now from Paulie, the Duronia club, Bonnie & Mark, and my mama's rose garden. They are all so pretty. Then one day I was thinking I should go buy some mums for my front porch and a delivery basket came from my brother Doug & his family with fruit and a teddy bear and mums! lol.On my birthday Jill took me out for lunch and we went shopping...I will write about that one when I get home from chemo, GREAT STORY! Then Firday Lisa & Chris had a birthday party for me. There were so many people, it was the best b-day party I've ever had. Oh crap, I have to get ready to go. Will write later, there is so much to tell! And it is some funny stuff! I will continue soon. Wait till you see the pics! Hilarious!!!

4 comments:

  1. :) So glad we got to spend some time with you!! I can't wait to do it again soon! Thinking about you today! I know your WONDER WOMAN spirit will carry you through the day. Love you Janet! -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://morebirthdays.com/thebirthdaygallery/#/music/14

    meant to post this to you on wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back - I was worried when you hadn't posted recently. I think everything you've explained here has to be totally "normal". We each must process what we are dealt and this was your time to come to terms. You have every right to be angry and sad and scared and all those things - and yet you celebrate life and all the love you have. I can't imagine knowing you and not loving you. You have the best smile and the greatest laugh and I simply cannot wait to come home and see you! I am, as always praying and cheering for you! Love you so much!! XoxoxoxO. Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday my very dear friend!!! I miss you and want to come and see you. Please let me know when you feel like complany. Come Saturday if you feel like it, as we are going to grill out and watch OSU game. You can nap in my bed! I love you, and miss you!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete