Thursday, July 22, 2010











Jenni (Calvin) Edwards & me!


Our puppies playing in my
backyard;

Gus, my daughter Jessi's dog
Oliver, Jenni's dog-he's so big!
Oliver, my sweet baby boy.



Jenni came to visit me last night, YAY! I got to get on facebook(I am not on it) and see a bunch of people from high school. It was fun, brought back so many memories. We had a really nice visit, I love that girl!!!! I think it is so funny we named our dogs the same name! And I have to tell you...Amy Adkins-Retherford, you are beautiful! Inside and out! :)

I want to take a minute and thank, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, all of the kind people at Fletcher United Methodist Church! I hope someone from there is reading this and passes along how thankful and grateful I am for all of their Prayers, and the meals that keep coming! I know everyone has busy lives and times are hard economically. And to think that you are taking time and money to make these meals for myself and my family...I am humbled! Thank you-thank you-thank you! I want to especially like to thank Pastor Russ, I love your visits and prayers. And I appreciate you putting up with my multiple personality disorder that comes with the treatments. lol. I still haven't thought of a name for the "other" personality who emerges with chemo! How about Sybil? Have you ever seen that movie? She was NUTS! And that's how I feel after chemo.....PERFECT! hahahaha.

I am so glad chemo will be pushed back for my Texas trip. Wohooooo! So I will be feeling good for awhile! Oh, and I am so very excited, I upgraded to a cell phone where I can get on-line and all that junk. Hopefully I will learn quickly so I can blog while I am down there. I am getting way better with technology!

Hope you have a wonderful day today! Smile, it makes you feel happy!


Psalm 62:2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken!




6 comments:

  1. Janet- Thank you for the sweet compliment!!! I love the pics of you and Jenni. I am so glad she is able to be there for you!!! You have so many friends and an awesome family to support you! I will say extra prayers for you as you travel to Texas! Enjoy the time with your husband. I hope you get the answers you need!!! Much love!!! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts!
    I dig your digs, (as in home). You have fields and woods all around you, beautiful. You look great, love to see that smile. Speaking of smile I have to reference your quote, "Smile, it makes you feel happy!". Okay I know I've been inundating you with Twain quotes but I think you all are kin. Picturing you in a white wig and fluffy mustache,... actually I think you could pull it off... or maybe Jill since she's got the slight hunch/leg drag thing down!!! Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for the breakfast display, too funny. ...back to smile and Twain's similar perspective, it is one of my personal favorites so I just got to share.
    KINDNESS
    "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." ~ Mark Twain
    You could substitute your smile where he has kindness.

    Feeling a little windy today, so I apologize in advance for my rambling. Ran into your Mom and Bill this weekend at the Mary Help festival. Had not seen your Mom in forever. I am not sure if you new Bill was one of my many mentors when I went through my 18mos. Catechesis classes while becoming Catholic. Apparently I was a bit of challenged study, hence the 18 mos of education.
    Quick story related to that period. First you enter into a pre-Catechesis period. Do you remember Mike Rhoades who graduated in 87' like myself? Well Mike and I raised a lot of you know what together during High School, and I mean a lot. Just so happens Mike and I end up in pre-Catechesis classes together. There is quite a bit of time spent reflecting which Mike and I had to pretty much avoid eye contact at times or we would have come across disrespectful due to our laughing for no apparent reason. The whole experience is another one of those times in life where you just got to SMILE and think that's really cool how life works out.

    Thanks for you posts. We'll be thinking of you Monday and am hopeful of the help that they'll bring to you.

    Take care Janet~a.k.a. Samuel Clemens.

    Damon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady!!! Tammy posted this link on facebook and I'm so glad because I have been thinking of you and praying for you and it's great to know how you are doing! You are such an awesome and special woman. I have always appreciated your humor and upbeat attitude. I consider myself blessed to have worked with you. You look absolutely beautiful...and you pull off baldness very well :~) Not many people can look that great without hair!!! Even so Hillary Clinton still has the upper hand...I know how much you love her...LOL...I praise God for your faith in Jesus and I love love love the verse you quoted. Stay strong sister, you are an inspiration!
    Cindy Sammetinger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet-I listed you as my hero on facebook and as I look back on our friendship, I have ALWAYS looked up to you. Even when you were "the bad influence", I wanted to be like you. I know God put you in my life for a reason. Against my moms better judgement, even she knew your amazing and beautiful soul would shine. I know you are thankful for things that people have done for you but I hope you know, WE are the LUCKY ones. We are lucky to be able to experience your warm and laughter filled heart. I know I am a better person for having you as my friend. There were years that we lost touch but we were always able to pick up where we left off. I am so very thankful for you. Thank you AGAIN for sharing you with me:)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well dear i have never been any good with words. so just wanted to say. that you are one of the bravest people i know but have yet to met (lol maybe one day). brave in so many ways. one for having this blog putting yourself out there and letting people know how things are and not sugar coating it. Also how you are taking this head on every day. even though sometimes things start slipping away you bring yourself back. you are an inspiration. keep trucking dear.
    jp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet I miss you a TON and I hope your trip to TX is really really good :) I'm praying for you!!!!! Love you!!!! Jenni

    ReplyDelete