Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Laura, Jenni, me, & Jill









Golfcart Drive-Thru at
Indian Lake


Hi everyone! I have very exciting news! Paul and I are heading to Houston to be evaluated at MD Anderson Cancer Center. I found out Friday, but as you can see from above, we were at Ashland University for Tyler's college orientation. I am so happy for him...his dorm is awesome. Just outside his dorm is the courtyard with basketball hoops and a huge area for students to hang out. There are pine trees that are so cool, they look like they are from a Dr. Seuss book. Paul loved them. We were telling Ty that we need to get him some silk pajamas and a robe for his lounge wear in the courtyard, because his dorm bldg. is called kilheffner. (like Hugh heffner, hahaha) And the facilities there are amazing! They have a brand new athletic complex/football stadium/track. It is beautiful!!! I can't wait for him to move in, he is going to LOVE it there!

Then, on Staurday Laura, Jenni, myself, and Jill went to Columbus and stayed overnight. It was WONDERFUL to be with my girls! And I was so happy that Laura and Jenni got to see eachother, we all worked/played together 14 years ago....but geographically have been unable to hang out together for a long time. So I am very very thankful for our time together. I have been missing Laura so much (she lives near Akron) and it was just what I needed! And thank you Jill for CRACKING ME UP!!! It was so funny, I laughed out loud for a long time, I am right now. We walked in the hotel hallway to get breakfast and decided to pull our pajama pants up to our boobs and Jill was walking with a shuffle and hunched over. This guy was walking toward us and stopped dead in his tracks when my sister turned and faced the wall at about 3 inches distance from her face and started "drawing" on the wall with her finger and mumbling. I started saying, "ok, thats enough...come on...you need to stop'" in a gentle, caring voice. I forgot that Jenni and I had our pants pulled up too. And I forgot I was BALD! I physically redirected her down the hallway and the man was plastered against the wall on the other side, very afraid for us to pass him. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I looked back and he was still staring back at us. heeheeehee. Maybe you had to be there, but it was fricking hilarious! We looked like we were out on a pass from the nuthouse. lol. Then we went to Indian Lake Sunday, ate a Tilton Hilton burger ( they are HUGE) and went out on the boat...that was the best. Jill said it was better than a massage :) We went for a ride on our golf cart/beachbus, pictured above. A couple 12 ish yr old boys drove past on their bikes and said, "is that all the faster you can go?" So the race was on, because I had control of the wheel! We were weaving all over the road blocking them from passing, taking sharp turns. It was so much fun, and of course we beat them to Achesons and won!!!! Then we had a level 1 hurricane and the girls and I sat in the dry trailer while poor Paulie was saving our awning and getting drenched with all the water, but we sang "macho, macho man" out the window for him in support. hahaha. Then girlscout Jill and Levi amazingly got a fire started with NO accelerant on soaking wet wood. It was a fun time! GREAT WEEKEND!


Ok, so I am leaving for Texas next Monday & my appt. is on Tues. I will hopefully be able to post from there. I cannot wait to get away with Paul. We never had a honeymoon...so this will be a very good trip for us! No kids, just us. YAY! Should be fun. And I will be feeling really good, because I will be so far out from my last treatment.


I want to say hi to my sweet Poppa!!!! I had no idea you were reading this! I love you so much and I will come visit you guys when Levi is back in school. Also, thank you Carol for my mustard seed necklace...i love it. Love that verse! And a mountain has for sure been moved with regard to my cancer, thank God!!!!


Signing off for now, but Laura- I had so much fun SPANKING YOU in scrabble! Olive you girlfriend, you are the best! :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL game does not count- as lost tiles were discovered. Hey I have a great song for you and Jill- "Express Yourself" by Madonna....so funny Olive you more soul sista!!!

    ReplyDelete